Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Cheesecake cooked in a pie crust with cranberries and streusel topping. Got the recipe from www.eaglebrand.com
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cold
- HEAT oven 425°F Bake pie crust 6 minutes; remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
- BEAT cream cheese in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Stir in lemon juice. Pour into partially baked pie crust.
- COMBINE 1 tablespoon brown sugar and cornstarch in small bowl; mix well. Stir in cranberry sauce. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- COMBINE flour and remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar in medium bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle evenly over cranberry mixture.
- BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Cool. Serve at room temperature or chill thoroughly.
Since we are having a cold spell right now, (well, cold for CA. LOL)this was great! I will definitely make for the Fall/Winter Holiday season. I did have to use pecans instead of walnuts, cuz they needed to be used up. I also used unsalted butter. This might also be nice with a graham cracker crust. Thanks for posting, flirtyfunchick. Made for PAC 2010.