Recipe by Redsie
I love cranberries! And now, we can get them all year-round! You can use fresh or frozen cranberries (and you don't even need to thaw them!!). These are also wonderful with some chocolate chips added to the batter.
Top Review by HappyMami
I really like these muffins, they remind me of a small coffee cake! Super yummy, the only thing I felt it lacked, was some salt. Once I added 3/4 a teaspoon of salt, they were perfect! Thanks for posting!
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon water
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cranberries
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with Pam.
- Make topping: in a small bowl, stir together oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, oil and water until the mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- Make muffins: in a large bowl and using a whisk or electric beaters, combine sugar, milk, oil, egg and vanilla. With a wooden spoon, stir in the cranberries.
- In another bowl, stir together flour and baking powder. With a wooden spoon, stir the mixture into the cranberry mixture just until everything is combined. Divide the mixture among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle topping evenly over top.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a tester inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out dry.