I love cranberries! And now, we can get them all year-round! You can use fresh or frozen cranberries (and you don't even need to thaw them!!). These are also wonderful with some chocolate chips added to the batter.
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon water
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cranberries
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with Pam.
- Make topping: in a small bowl, stir together oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, oil and water until the mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- Make muffins: in a large bowl and using a whisk or electric beaters, combine sugar, milk, oil, egg and vanilla. With a wooden spoon, stir in the cranberries.
- In another bowl, stir together flour and baking powder. With a wooden spoon, stir the mixture into the cranberry mixture just until everything is combined. Divide the mixture among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle topping evenly over top.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a tester inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out dry.