Recipe by lauralie41
I participated in a cookbooklet swap a few months ago and found a few books I did not remember I had. This recipe is from the Betty Crocker Bisquick cookbooklet and I believe it could be from October 1998. Cranberries are a favorite of mine and always on the lookout for good recipes.
Top Review by The Flying Chef
These are awesome!!! I made them today and everyone loved them I used my Texas muffin tin so I got 6 large muffins. I had one and my sister had one and then I left the remander on the side while I went out. When I got home there was 1 and half left, my hubby informed we had mice who could use knives. I loved the cranberry sauce addition as it was like having jam in certain areas where it was still gooey especially when they were still warm out of the oven. A great recipe loved the crumble topping and one that I will definitley be making again as it is so easy and tastes wonderful. Huge Thumbs up by all!! :)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease only the bottom of a 12 muffin baking pan or use paper liners. Mix the brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of Bisquick mix, set aside.
- In medium bowl, slightly beat milk, egg, and cranberry sauce. Add the 2 cups of Bisquick mix and the granulated sugar and mix until moistened.
- Fill muffin cups half full and sprinkle with brown sugar mixture that was put aside.
- Bake 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and remove from pan, serve.