Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I haven't made this, but I did have it at a friends house. It was so good I had to ask for the recipe.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 3⁄4 cups baking mix, such as bisquick
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups baking mix
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat bottom of 9" springform pan with cooking spray.
- At med-hi speed beat sugar and butter until combined; reduce speed to low and add eggs& vanilla beat 1 minute; beat in baking mix and add sour cream; beat until combined 1 minute.
- Transfer to pan; bake 1 hr.
- Topping: Combine baking mix, sugar and butter; chop almonds; stir into mixture; stir until large crumbs form; spread cranberry sauce over cake; top with crumbs.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Cool in pan 30 minutes.
- Run knife around edge of pan to loosen, cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar if desired.