Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from the Brand Names Cookbook. I haven't tried it yet but the cranberry, orange and almond combination sound just right!
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Beat egg in a large bowl.
- Add milk, 1/2 cup sugar, oil, orange juice and peel and almond extract.
- Mix well.
- In another bowl mix 1 cup of flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to egg/milk mixture and stir until just combined.
- Oil an 8x8 baking pan Pour batter into pan.
- Spoon chopped cranberries over batter In a small bowl, mix remaining 1/2 cup of flour, 3 tbls sugar and 2 tbls butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture over cranberries.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
Great recipe! The combination of flavors is perfection! The bottom and sides got a little chewy -- definitely wouldn't make this in a metal pan.