Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I love that this is made with fresh cranberries and just enough sugar to balance the cranberries. It is better when it is a day old. I got this off of the Angelo Caputo Markets website.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter, well softened at room temperature
- 314.66 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 236.59 ml low-fat plain yogurt
- 118.29 ml fresh cranberries, chopped
- 59.14 ml packed brown sugar
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 29.58 ml cold butter
- 59.14 ml walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 59.14 ml fresh cranberries, chopped
- Heat oven to 325.
- Grease a 9X9 baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt until blended.
- With a mixer, beat butter, sugar, and vanilla on medium speed until well blended.
- Reduce speed to low and add eggs one at a time, mixing until just incorporated.
- Then alternately fold in flour mixture and the yogurt into the butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Then fold in the 1/2 cup of cranberries.
- Scape batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- STREUSEL TOPPING DIRECTIONS:.
- While the cake is baking, mix the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and cold butter together with a fork and form small crumbs.
- Stir in walnuts and cranberries.
- After the cake has baked for 40 minutes, sprinkle with the topping.
- Continue baking for about 10 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature. Cut into squares and serve.
yummy. this was soooo good, I could eat all of it. Buttery and moist, it will be great on my Christmas brunch buffet. Next time I will just add the topping before baking, it will make it a lot easier. Thanks for sharing