1/1 Photo of Cranberry Streusel Cake
1 hr 10 mins
I love that this is made with fresh cranberries and just enough sugar to balance the cranberries. It is better when it is a day old. I got this off of the Angelo Caputo Markets website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, well softened at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1Heat oven to 325.
- 2Grease a 9X9 baking pan.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt until blended.
- 4With a mixer, beat butter, sugar, and vanilla on medium speed until well blended.
- 5Reduce speed to low and add eggs one at a time, mixing until just incorporated.
- 6Then alternately fold in flour mixture and the yogurt into the butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- 7Then fold in the 1/2 cup of cranberries.
- 8Scape batter into the prepared pan.
- 9Bake for 40 minutes.
- 10STREUSEL TOPPING DIRECTIONS:.
- 11While the cake is baking, mix the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and cold butter together with a fork and form small crumbs.
- 12Stir in walnuts and cranberries.
- 13After the cake has baked for 40 minutes, sprinkle with the topping.
- 14Continue baking for about 10 minutes.
- 15Cool to room temperature. Cut into squares and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Streusel Cake
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.4
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 105.4 mg
- Sodium 308.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 41.3 g
- Protein 6.5 g