Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
This delightful Cranberry and Strawberry Sauce is perfect for your Thanksgiving Day Table! Such a nice change from the more traditional Cranberry Sauce, this one is sure to please! Who knows? You may find you like this better than the usual, and make this one your holiday FAVORITE! Time does not include refrigeration time.
- 340.19 g bag frozen cranberries, thawed
- 283.49 g package frozen strawberries, thawed
- 118.29 ml sugar
- After thawing cranberries and strawberries, reserve the liquid and add enough water to make 1 cup.
- In a saucepan, combine this liquid with sugar. Cook until dissolved.
- Add cranberries to pan. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionlly, until berries pop and mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat, and stir in strawberries.
- Let cool
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight to give time for flavors to meld.
Fantastic -- have made this several times and never have to change a thing.
The only thing I enjoyed more than making and photographing this recipe was eating it. The
strawberries added just the right amount of sweetness without becoming too strawberryish. I ate it with some spicy chicken and was great.
We added this to our buffet table this year and it was a nice change from the same ole same ole cranberry sauce. Everyone was raving about it as they dug in!