Recipe by Irmgard
This recipe from Robin Hood Multifoods is a delicious way to use up an abundance of rhubarb. It is wonderful served warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Top Review by Debbb
This is really good! Very sweet with a bit of a bite. Unless you have a whole crowd to feed, you may want to make a half recipe - a little goes a long way. I served warm at Sewing Circle with vanilla ice-cream on the side.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 6 cups thinly sliced rhubarb
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cake: Combine the first five ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Add the egg and milk, stirring until moistened.
- Spread evenly in a 13" x 9" greased pan.
- Combine the rhubarb and cranberries.
- Sprinkle evenly over the cake.
- Sprinkle the gelatin powder over the fruit.
- Topping: Combine all the ingredients.
- Sprinkle over the fruit.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until fruit is tender in a pre-heated 350 degree F oven.