Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe from Robin Hood Multifoods is a delicious way to use up an abundance of rhubarb. It is wonderful served warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 6 cups thinly sliced rhubarb
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cake: Combine the first five ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Add the egg and milk, stirring until moistened.
- Spread evenly in a 13" x 9" greased pan.
- Combine the rhubarb and cranberries.
- Sprinkle evenly over the cake.
- Sprinkle the gelatin powder over the fruit.
- Topping: Combine all the ingredients.
- Sprinkle over the fruit.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until fruit is tender in a pre-heated 350 degree F oven.
This is really good! Very sweet with a bit of a bite. Unless you have a whole crowd to feed, you may want to make a half recipe - a little goes a long way. I served warm at Sewing Circle with vanilla ice-cream on the side.