Recipe by Marie
Just found this recipe and plan on making this for our Thanksgiving dinner. Leftovers can be used on toast as a jelly. Make this the day before your dinner. It sounds wonderful!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries (about 3 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain syrup from strawberries into a 1 cup measuring cup and set strawberries aside.
- Add water to syrup to make 1 cup liquid.
- In a 3 quart saucepan over high heat, heat syrup mixture, sugar and cranberries to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes or until cranberries pop.
- Stir strawberries into mixture and spoon into bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least for 3 hours.