Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Just found this recipe and plan on making this for our Thanksgiving dinner. Leftovers can be used on toast as a jelly. Make this the day before your dinner. It sounds wonderful!
- Drain syrup from strawberries into a 1 cup measuring cup and set strawberries aside.
- Add water to syrup to make 1 cup liquid.
- In a 3 quart saucepan over high heat, heat syrup mixture, sugar and cranberries to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes or until cranberries pop.
- Stir strawberries into mixture and spoon into bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least for 3 hours.
This is one of the new recipes I tried for our Thanksgiving dinner. The strawberries added a nice flavor to the cranberries. Not overly sweet. Thanks Marie. Bullwinkle
The cranberries keep this from being too sweet. Had some on toasted cornbread. Simple to make and quite nice.