Recipe by YungB
I found this recipe on the net. I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet so I am keeping it here for safe keeping. It sure sounds good.
SWEET ROLL DOUGH
- 1 ounce fresh yeast or 2 tablespoons dry yeast
- 2⁄3 cup warm whole milk (90 degrees F.)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon mace or 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (fresh grated)
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemons or 1⁄2 teaspoon orange, zest of
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- DOUGH: Mix together yeast, milk and sugar.
- Set aside to bloom.
- Mix the salt, mace and flour together.
- Add the eggs and butter to the yeast, then pour the dry mixture on top and place on your kitchenaid with the dough hook attachment.
- Mix for at least 10 minutes, or until smooth and satiny in texture.
- Add flour as needed.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead by hand a few turns or until very smooth.
- Put into a buttered bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside to rise until doubled.
- FILLING: Mix the nuts together.
- Mix all remaining ingredients together along with half of the walnut-pecan mixture.
- Set aside.
- TOPPING: Spread the softened unsalted butter evenly across the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Mix the remaining half of the nuts with the brown sugar, the vanilla, and lemon zest and sprinkle over the top.
- ASSEMBLY: Roll the dough into a rectangle approximately
- 12 x 18 inches.
- Brush with the melted butter except for about 1 inch along one of the 18 inch sides.
- Sprinkle the cranberry filling all over the buttered dough, the roll it up jelly roll style, pinching at each end and along the seam.
- Cut the roll into 12 even pieces and place face down, 4 across and 3 down, in the pan.
- Cover and proof until nearly doubled.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- for 30- 35 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and the sugar is bubbling up between the rolls.
- Remove the pan from the oven, wait 5 minutes, then invert onto a baking sheet.
- Cool and serve.