Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup canned pineapple, crushed
- 1 package raspberry gelatin powder
- 1 cup orange section, drained
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 2 cups canned cranberries (whole cranberries)
- 1 teaspoon cranberry sauce
- 1 orange, grated orange peel
- Drain one 9-ounce can (1 cup) crushed pineapple, reserving syrup.
- Add boiling water to syrup to make 1 1/4 cups.
- Dissolve 1 package raspberry flavored gelatin in the hot liquid; chill till partially set. Fold in one cup drained orange sections (membrane removed), and the pineapple. Whip 1 cup heavy cream; fold in.
- Pour into 1 1/2 mold.
- Chill till set. Unmold; top with whipped cream.
As a dish, this might be great. But the recipe itself is not good. The size of the gelatin package is not indicated, and nowhere in the instructions does it say how to use the last three ingredients. I'll keep looking for a recipe that I can follow.
This is a very fine recipe! Easy to make and very tasty. In the instructions, it did not say when to add the cranberries, so I just added it with the rest of the fruit. Also, I did add 1 teaspoon of vanilla to the whipped cream. This will be made again for the Holiday meals, Actually, anytime really. It is very good. Thanks for a good recipe.
I'm quite surprised that this recipe has not been rated so far, I am happy to be the first one, I used fresh oranges chopped in place of canned and added in 1/4 cup jellied cranberry sauce and 2 teaspoons more of unflavored gelatin only becauce of the added cranberry sauce, this is a great recipe I plan on making again! thanks MG...Kitten:)