Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a very easy to make recipe and a good way to use up leftover cranberry sauce after the holidays. This recipe comes from the test kitchens of Robin Hood Multifoods.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
- Stir well to blend.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Press half of oat mixture into a greased 8-inch square cake pan.
- Spread with cranberry sauce.
- Stir almonds into remaining crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle evenly over the top.
- Pat lightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into squares and serve warm with ice cream or cool and cut into smaller squares.
- Makes about 9 dessert servings or 16 squares.
This recipe was great! Made is exactly by directions and it came out wonderful. Great treat that isn't too bad on fat and calories either. Thanks!