Recipe by Irmgard
This is a very easy to make recipe and a good way to use up leftover cranberry sauce after the holidays. This recipe comes from the test kitchens of Robin Hood Multifoods.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
- Stir well to blend.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Press half of oat mixture into a greased 8-inch square cake pan.
- Spread with cranberry sauce.
- Stir almonds into remaining crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle evenly over the top.
- Pat lightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into squares and serve warm with ice cream or cool and cut into smaller squares.
- Makes about 9 dessert servings or 16 squares.