Recipe by Divaconviva
Real quick and easy to make! I got this recipe from an acquaintance at a boardgame night. The original recipe called for walnuts, but I think pecans are a more complementary flavor. These cranberry bars are delicious, with a delightful balance of sweet and tart. Don't count on leftovers - these moist squares get gobbled right up!
Top Review by thekds
Parchment lined pan is a must..or bars will stick Added vanilla and used walnuts as it is what was on hand....absolutely delicious....a regular all year round for me now. But especially a staple on the holidays.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, Softened
- 2 eggs, Beaten
- 2 cups raw cranberries, left whole
- 1 cup pecans, Chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9" x 13" Pan.
- Mix the butter with the sugar, and add the eggs and flour.
- Stir in the cranberries and pecans.
- Pour batter into greased pan, spreading out evenly.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 - 50 minutes.
- Cool. Cut into squares. At Christmas-time, you can add chopped green candied cherries. These also freeze well.