Real quick and easy to make! I got this recipe from an acquaintance at a boardgame night. The original recipe called for walnuts, but I think pecans are a more complementary flavor. These cranberry bars are delicious, with a delightful balance of sweet and tart. Don't count on leftovers - these moist squares get gobbled right up!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9" x 13" Pan.
- Mix the butter with the sugar, and add the eggs and flour.
- Stir in the cranberries and pecans.
- Pour batter into greased pan, spreading out evenly.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 - 50 minutes.
- Cool. Cut into squares. At Christmas-time, you can add chopped green candied cherries. These also freeze well.