Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Real quick and easy to make! I got this recipe from an acquaintance at a boardgame night. The original recipe called for walnuts, but I think pecans are a more complementary flavor. These cranberry bars are delicious, with a delightful balance of sweet and tart. Don't count on leftovers - these moist squares get gobbled right up!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9" x 13" Pan.
- Mix the butter with the sugar, and add the eggs and flour.
- Stir in the cranberries and pecans.
- Pour batter into greased pan, spreading out evenly.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 - 50 minutes.
- Cool. Cut into squares. At Christmas-time, you can add chopped green candied cherries. These also freeze well.
ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! The 9 by 13 pan is pretty large for the recipe, but have to tell you, the crispiness that results is one of the reasons why we love it. I used a sheet of parchment paper on the bottom of the pan, otherwise I think it would have been hard to remove the squares. Thanks for a new favorite, Divaconviva!
Definitely 5 star worthy. Really easy to make, turned out delicious. Added about 1 tsp. vanilla as I had read the other reviews and we, too, can't stop eating them.
I just made this recipe with frozen cranberries from last fall. I added vanilla as per previous recommendations and I did not have any nuts in the cupboard so I omitted them. My boyfriend and I cannot stop eating them! Very well balanced, quick and didn't even require a trip to the grocery store. Thanks for posting!