Recipe by Colby's Mom
These are very pretty cookies when you add them to a tray full of other cookies at Christmastime.
- 2 1⁄2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (6 ounce) package dried cranberries
- 1 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated peeled gingerroot
- cooking spray
- white decorator sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dough: In bowl, mix flour, walnuts, baking powder and salt.
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, honey until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- On low, beat in flour mixture.
- Halve; flatten into rectangles; wrap.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Filling: In saucepan, gently boil first 3 ingredients, stirring, 7 minutes, to reduce liquid to 2 tablespoons Cool.
- Puree in processor.
- Scrape into bowl; chill.
- Between 2 sheets waxed paper, roll half of dough into 12x8 1/2" rectangle; remove top sheet.
- Spread with half of filling.
- Roll up from long side.
- Cover; chill several hours.
- Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With spray, coat baking sheet (s).
- Slice dough 1/4" thick.
- Roll edges in decorating sugar, if using.
- Place 1" apart on sheet (s).
- Bake 12 minutes, until golden.
- Cool 3 minutes on sheet (s).
- Transfer to racks to cool.
- Store airtight up to 2 weeks.