Recipe by sybrsuzy
This recipe came from another website. It makes a lot so is good for a potluck or large gathering. Make sure to use the whole amount of spinach or to cut back on the dressing if using less spinach. When I take this somewhere, I usually take the dressing in a jar and dress the salad right before serving. Note: This is not good leftover.
Top Review by SonnyHavens
I halved the oil to 1/4 cup. This is over-the-top sweet -- almost like dessert. Served with roasted turkey. Next time I'll only use 1/2 cup cranberries because it seemed like the cranberry/spinach ratio was way off.
- 1 lb spinach
- 1 cup dried cranberries (I use one bag of Craisins)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup almonds, blanched and slivered
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 teaspoons minced onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saute' pan over medium heat, add almonds and stir until lightly toasted; set almonds aside to cool.
- Toast sesame seeds in same pan and then set aside to cool.
- Mix salad ingredients.
- Mix dressing ingredients and toss with salad ingredients just before serving.