Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
Cranberry Spinach Salad
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup dried craisin, divided (dried cranberries)
- red onion (sliced, amount to taste)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Wash and dry spinach.
- Divide evenly among four salad plates.
- Top each with approximately 2 tablespoons craisins and onion slices.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small glass mixing bowl using a wire whisk.
- Heat in the microwave on High for 1 minute or until warm.
Delicious, versatile salad! I really liked the dressing. I added feta cheese and some toasted almonds, but otherwise made it as directed. I think apples would be delicious in here too.
This was good, though the dressing seemed just a bit sweet for our tastes. I assumed that the fat from the cooked bacon went into the dressing, so I cooked the bacon in a small skillet, removed it to drain when done, and just whisked in the rest of the dressing ingredients right into the bacon fat in the skillet to warm (off the heat). I also added a tablespoon of red wine vinegar - to cut the sweetness a bit - which worked nicely. It accompanied our Asian meal very nicely. Overall, it was a tasty (and pretty!) salad and simple to prepare. Thanks for posting it, Ed!
Very good, and very easy to make. I thought the dressing went very well with the bacon flavor. I'm going to add crumbled goat cheese next time. Thanx!