Recipe by Rottmom
Simmered fresh or canned pears with cranberries and spices. Simple, but delicious! This will taste like you slaved all day when it really takes very little time. :) Cook time includes cooling time.
- 3 cups cranberry juice (or cran-raspberry or cran-apple)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 slices orange zest, about 2-inches x 1-inch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 pinch ground cloves (or more, if desired)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pear halves, in concentrated juice or
- 3 fresh pears, medium sized, cut in half and cored
Directions See How It's Made
- 1) In a deep saucepan, combine cranberry juice, orange zest, cranberries, spices and bring to boil over medium heat.
- 2) Reduce heat to medium, cook mixture until reduced to about 2 cups (about 10 minutes).
- 3) Drain canned pears, reserving liquid for another use. Place pears in serving bowl and pour hot liquid over them. Let cool to room temperature, about 15-20 minutes. Pears will keep in fridge for up to 4 days.