Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This may seem like a odd combination of ingredients, but it's absolutely delicious. This is from my Taste of Home cookbook.
- 4 lbs spareribs
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef gravy
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Cut ribs in serving-size pieces. Place in Dutch over or large pot; cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, gravy, marmalade, lemon juice, and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove form heat and stir in vinegar. Drain ribs and place with meat side up in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Pour 2 1/2 cups of sauce over the ribs. Cover and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 to 20 more minutes longer, or until meat is tender, basting every 5 minutes with remaining sauce.
Liked it; however, need to do some ingredient changes for taste.