Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Cranberries give this dish its tart taste
- 4 lbs spareribs
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef gravy
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Cut ribs into serving size pieces.
- Place in Dutch oven or large pot.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine gravy, cranberry sauce, marmalade, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer 10-15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in vinegar.
- Drain ribs.
- Place with meat side up in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish (2 inch deep).
- Pour 2 1/2 cups of sauce over ribs.
- Bake 400 20 minutes.
- Bake 20 minutes longer or til meat is tender, basting every 5 minutes with remaining sauce.