Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my adopted recipe from Feb 2005. I have changed a few ingredients from when CoffeeMom and karenann000 reviewed it. I made mine in 6- 3 1/2 inch muffin cups. I find the sour cream and cranberries go so well together.Absolutely delicious. I don't find it needs any addition flavoring.
- Sift together flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking soda and salt into bowl.
- Combine egg, sour cream, milk and oil in small bowl; blend well.
- Add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring just enough to moisten.
- Combine cranberries and 1/2 cup sugar; stir into batter.
- Spoon batter into greased 3 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups, filling equally, or use 12 cup 2 1/2 inch muffin pan.
- Bake in 375°F oven 20 minutes for 12 muffins and 30 minutes for 6 muffins or until golden brown.
- Good hot or cold with butter, easy to reheat in micro.
Good and simple. I used dried cherries, reconstituted and also used SOURED cream (had some heavy whipping cream that had gone bad and used it for this). SPECTACULAR muffins. Would probably add some nuts maybe cinnamon next time, but are very good.
Thanks Dorel. I doubled the recipe - with that in mind: I subbed 2c. WW flour in place of 2c white, I added about 1/2-3/4c strawberry banana juice to moisten the batter more (WW flour makes the batter even more thick), I chopped my frozen cranberries in my food processor (that will wake everyone up!) and I used vanilla rice milk instead of cow's milk b/c that is what I had on hand. So filling my muffin cups up to a "fat halfway" I was able to get 3 dozen muffins out of this doubled recipe. I'm thrilled! Bake time was about 25-30 min, prob b/c the cranberries were frozen and made the batter really chilly! Moist and delicious! Thanks!
My girlfriend went crazy over these. I chopped up 3/4 C pecans in the blender, removed and then blended batter ingredients, so I did not encounter thickness problem reported by others. Lastly, add the cranberrys and pecans (do not blend) and pour into muffin cups.