This is my adopted recipe from Feb 2005. I have changed a few ingredients from when CoffeeMom and karenann000 reviewed it. I made mine in 6- 3 1/2 inch muffin cups. I find the sour cream and cranberries go so well together.Absolutely delicious. I don't find it needs any addition flavoring.
- Sift together flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking soda and salt into bowl.
- Combine egg, sour cream, milk and oil in small bowl; blend well.
- Add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring just enough to moisten.
- Combine cranberries and 1/2 cup sugar; stir into batter.
- Spoon batter into greased 3 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups, filling equally, or use 12 cup 2 1/2 inch muffin pan.
- Bake in 375°F oven 20 minutes for 12 muffins and 30 minutes for 6 muffins or until golden brown.
- Good hot or cold with butter, easy to reheat in micro.