Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe was found in the 2001 As You Like It Cookbook. Preparation time does not include the time needed for the finished mixture to freeze.
Top Review by flower7
Delicious! I halved the recipe but otherwise, only changed the final two steps. Instead of waiting until completely frozen and then blending again, I used a fork to scrape through it a couple times during the freezing process. This probably affected the texture a little, making it more like a granita than a sorbet, but I didn't mind that so much. The taste was still excellent! Thanks Syd :) [Made for PAC Spring 2011]
- 2 cups cranberries, thawed if frozen (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the ingredients EXCEPT 2 cups of the orange juice in a blender & blend until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat & bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add remaining 2 cups of orange juice & mix well.
- Pour mixture into a flat plastic 2-quart container & place in the freezer.
- When mixture is completely frozen, cut it with a sharp, sturdy knife into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place cubes in a food processor & process until completely pulverized, then serve immediately or place in a plastic container & return to the freezer until ready to use.