Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 hrs
From TOH Holiday magazine. Allow time to freeze 8 hours or overnight and 45 minutes to thaw before serving. This makes individual drinks - not intended for a punch bowl.
- 3 (8 ounce) cans jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 (12 ounce) cans lemonade concentrate
- 1 (12 ounce) canfrozen cranberry-apple juice, concentrate
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 12 cups carbonated lemon-lime beverage, chilled
- In a bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, concentrates, water, cinnamon, and allspice.
- Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 45 minutes before serving.
- For each serving, combine 1/2 cup of the slush mixture with 1/2 c lemon lime soda.
We thoroughly enjoyed this. We kept it in the freezer in an ice cream pail and just took out what we needed for one or two drinks at a time. Definitely needed to used a hand blender to mix this up before freezing because the spices wouldn't combine with the liquids by simply stirring it.