Recipe by Sydney Mike
I don't usually make shortbread, but this recipe comes from a great cookbook [The Joy of Cranberries: That Tangy Red Treat], so I figure its gotta be a good one!
Top Review by rebowman
Omg, please kill me because I CAN'T stop eating this!! Delicious and easy. I put this mixture in the food processor to pulse it, and it turned out great. It was a little dry, so I added more butter. Then, when it still wouldn't form properly, I put it in a large baking dish, pressed it down, and baked it for about 30 minutes. It came out beautiful, nice and brown on the top, and slightly underbaked in the middle. It was a big hit at the party I took it to, and I had leftovers to enjoy at home. This is my new go-to recipe when I need a quick and easy sweet.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (no substitute)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Stir together flour, sugar & salt, then cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Stir in cranberries, then form into a ball & knead until smooth.
- Divide dough in half.
- On a lightly floured surface, pat or roll each dough portion to a 1/2-inch thickness.
- Use a knife & cut into 24 2"x1" strips, then place these strips 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 20-26 minutes or until bottoms just start to brown.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove & cool completely on wire rack.