Top Review by Dans La Lune
I went on Zaar to post this recipe but found that it was right here! This is my favorite scone recipe for sure... It is SO very easy to do. You can have fresh, hot scones ready in half an hour! If you don't have a pastry cutter, you can simply use two knives in a crisscross motion and this will blend the dough easily. I don't find that this recipe is sweet, but you can easily reduce the 5 tablespoons of sugar and still be satisfied with the results. Thanks for posting Regina!
- 2 cups flour
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup halved cranberries, drained on paper towels
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until the mixture is coarsely crumbed.
- Mix in half and half, stirring just until moistenend.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Lightly flour a work surface, and knead the dough gently a few times.
- Do not overwork.
- Pat the dough out into a 1" thick round and cut it into 8 wedges.
- Brush the wedges with half and half and sprinkely them with sugar.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool on a rack before serving.