Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy and moist. Perfect breakfast or tea-time food.
Make and share this Cranberry Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk or 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat scone pan with cooking spray.
- Beat egg with buttermilk or yogurt and set aside. In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add Butter, cutting with a pastry blender or rubbing your fingers, until mixture looks granular.
- Lighty stir in cranberries and sugar. Stir in buttermilk, or yogurt mixture with a fork until soft dough forms.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead 5 times. Seperate dough onto eight equal pieces and press into individual spaced of Scone Pan.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes, or until medium brown. Let cool 20 minutes in pan.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.