Recipe by Marz
This is a nice recipe that still taste good the next morning, just re-heat in the microwave and voila!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
LOVE THESE SCONES! Followed the recipe but DID up the amount of orange zest to 3 teaspoons! Would like to have check the taste the next day, but they were all gone within 8 hours, which means they come highly recommended! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed as a recipenapped bonus tag in Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #14, Mar 08]
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1 cup raw cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Add the butter and cut into with a pastry cutter until resembles coarse meal. Add the chopped cranberries until coated with flour mixture and the orange zest is evenly distributed.
- In another bowl, combine the buttermilk and water. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together gently just until combined.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface, knead lightly. and divide into 2 equal sized balls. Pat each ball into 6 inch circles and slightly domed in shape. Cut each circle into 8 wedges and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Allowing space between each scone. Sprinkle the tops with granulated sugar and pat in gently.
- Bake 12 minutes or until lightly browned.