1/23 Photos of Cranberry Scones
Delicious served warm with lots of butter. Please read Diana#2's review!! She has had a wonderful idea for Christmas gifts for friends. I am so delighted that she choose my Cranberry Scones to make gift bottles. Her instructions are great and the photo is wonderful. Thanks Diana !!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Beat buttermilk and egg in small bowl and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, measure flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 4Cut in butter until mixture resembles small peas.
- 5Mix in cranberries, sugar and orange rind.
- 6Add buttermilk mixture and stir until soft dough forms.
- 7Using your hands, form dough into a large ball and place on floured surface.
- 8Knead about 10 times Pat into two circles about 1 inch thick, place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 9Score the tops of both circles to make 8 wedges on each, if making for a buffet, for regular scones, score each circle into 4 wedges.
- 10Bake scones for 15-20 minutes.
- 11While still warm, brush with butter and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Scones
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.4
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 29.2 mg
- Sodium 276.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, rind of