Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found the original recipe on http://www.teawithgrace.com but have made some modifications. The scones are wonderful topped with devonshire cream!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg (egg substitute 2 Tablespoons water + 2 teaspoons baking powder)
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened cranberries (*)
- Raisins and caraway seeds work well too; Soak 1/2 cup raisins in warm water for about 10 minutes; Add 1 Tablespoon Caraway seeds Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Mix well.
- In larger bowl, thoroughly mix (with electric mixer) cream, egg, butter and milk.
- Slowly add flour mixture.
- Continue to mix until dough is smooth.
- Add cranberries.
- Divide dough in half.
- Place each half on floured surface and roll into a 5-6 inch circle.
- Cut into 4 pieces.
- Place pieces on greased pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.