Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A friend of mine made this yesterday and I had to have the recipe. Super moist and very yummy.
Make and share this Cranberry, Sausage and Apple Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- 12 cups bread cubes, baked until slightly dry
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 cups coarsely chopped leeks
- 4 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 3 tart apples, peeled cored and chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 1⁄3 cups chicken stock
- ground black pepper
- Saute sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, crumbling coarsely for about 10 minute Remove sausage to a large bowl iwth a slotted spoon & empty pan of grease.
- Into the same pan melt the butter. Add the leeks, apples, celery and poultry seasoning. Saute until softened, about 10 minute Add the rosemary, dried cranberries and cooked sausage. Mix all with the dried bread cubes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Moisten with the chicken stock.
- Stuff turkey with about 5 cups for a 14 lbs turkey. Add additional chicken stock to moisten stuffing if needed. Remaining stuffing can be baked in a covered buttered casserole at 350 degrees for about 45 minute Uncover and bake for another 15 minute to brown top.