Recipe by juniperwoman
This sounds incredibly interesting and wonderful. Cranberries, onions, brown sugar in chipotle-chile glaze? Wow. It would be wonderful with a pork roast. I found it on the Good Housekeeping website.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen pearl onions
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In deep 12-inch skillet, heat onions, brown sugar, and margarine or butter over medium-high heat 12 to 15 minutes, until onions are browned and glazed, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium; add cranberries, vinegar, tomato paste, chipotle puree or ground red pepper, salt, and 1 cup water, and cook, uncovered, until most cranberries pop and mixture thickens slightly, 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon into serving bowl; cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 3 hours or up to 4 days.