Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
I LOVE cranberries! This was my first attempt at fresh cranberry sauce and it was delicious! Much better than canned, fast, easy, and so good.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine (cabernet sauvignon works well)
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- Place all ingredients except cranberries in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 3 min or until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cranberries and simmer 10-12 minute.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature, than place in fridge.
- NOTE: sauce will be thin -- it thickens as it cools.