Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This unique and delicious cranberry sauce can be prepared up to 1 week ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in medium saucepan and bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Discard rosemary.
- Mix in cranberries and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Cook over medium heat until liquid is slightly reduced and berries burst, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes; cool.
- Transfer sauce to bowl; chill.
- This recipe yields about 3 1/2 cups.
Yum! I cooked this down more than called for, and used less sugar and more rosemary. Also, I replaced the figs with dried sour cherries. Delicious!
I made this last Thanksgiving and it was wonderful. I don't know why the other reviews mention oranges and nuts, but I am reviewing the simple one with cran, rosemary, and port. I am making it two days ahead since at first it was a bit too acidic at first but mellowed beautifully over two days.. Making it again by request and I think it is my permanent cranberry sauce.
I made this recipe with dried apricots instead of figs, and it was great. Definitely give this recipe a try, not very hard and very good with meatballs or poultry.