Recipe by - Carla -
This unique and delicious cranberry sauce can be prepared up to 1 week ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.
- 1 2⁄3 cups ruby port
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup golden brown sugar, packed
- 8 dried figs, stemmed, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients in medium saucepan and bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Discard rosemary.
- Mix in cranberries and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Cook over medium heat until liquid is slightly reduced and berries burst, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes; cool.
- Transfer sauce to bowl; chill.
- This recipe yields about 3 1/2 cups.