- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup tawny port
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan combine the cranberries,the sugar, the Port, the zest and the orange juice.
- Simmer the mixture, stirring occasionally, for 15 or 20 minutes or until the berries burst and the mixture has thickened.
- For a chunkier variation, stir in 1 cup orange segments (well-drained) and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts before serving.