- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries
- 1 cup port wine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2-quart sauce pan heat all ingredients to boiling over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce to medium heat and cook uncovered till most of the cranberries pop about 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon sauce into serving bowl cover and refrigerate until well chilled about 3 hrs or up to 4 days.
- Mixture will thicken as it cools.