Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the best cranberry sauce! I make this recipe for Thanksgiving and Christmas every year and everyone just loves it. I have given this recipe to lots of friends and family over the years, and they are all still making it. It's easy to make and I know it will be a favorite at your dinner table! Give it a try and let me know what you think.
- 236.59 ml frozen concentrate cranberries, in the freezer section next to the orange juice concentrate
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 709.77 ml fresh pears, peeled and chopped
- 340.19 g package fresh cranberries
- Recommendation: Make this sauce the night before your dinner.
- Combine cranberry concentrate and sugar in sauce pan over medium heat and stir. Heat until sugar dissolves and then increase heat to a boil.
- Add pears and the cranberries. Reduce heat a little and simmer until pears are soft and cranberries pop. Approximately 30-40 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Transfer into glass container and chill in refrigerator thoroughly or over night.
- Follow recipe directions and Instead of 1 cup cranberry frozen concentrate, try 1 cup pomegranate juice or frozen concentrate with 1 tablespoon of lemon zest. YUM!
- Or, follow recipe directions and instead of 1 cup cranberry frozen concentrate, use 1 cup orange juice or frozen concentrate and 1 tablespoon orange zest with a dash of cinnamon. Double Yum!
I made this sauce for Thanksgiving and should have tripled the recipe. It's awesome and was gone in a flash. Even the kids loved it.