Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 (12 ounce) package cranberries (about 3 cups)
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
- Stir water and sugar in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Bring mixture to boil.
- Add cranberries and orange peel.
- Reduce heat and simmer until berries burst, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cool completely (sauce will thicken as it cools) (Can be prepared 1 week ahead.
- Cover & chill)
Very easy and fun to make. I forgot cranberries popped when boiled.
Delicious! F-a-s-t!!! Easy! and made with so few ingredients that you might easily have on hand. Thanks.
Easy to make and tastes much better than the canned stuff. What more could you want?