William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
Through some experimintation, I finally developed a most marvelous Cranberry Sauce that has just enough peppery taste without being overpowering.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse cranberries in cold water; drain.
- 2In a medium size saucepan mix water and sugar and bring to boil on medium-high heat; stir to dissolve.
- 3Add cranberries and Jalapeno peppers and return to boil.
- 4Reduce heat, cover and boil gently, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add lemon juice and sherry and stir well to blend.
- 6Remove from heat and let cool completely at room temperature.
- 7Refrigerate in a glass container with lid.
- 8Serve with turkey or chicken.
- 9CAUTION when handling the Jalapeno peppers.
- 10Wear plastic gloves, or wash hands thoroughly after handling, using any toothpaste.
- 11Then wash again with soap and water.
- 12You can also use a mixture of bleach and water to remove all pepper heat.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Sauce with Jalapeno Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 0.1 g