- 3 1⁄2 cups cranberries (one bag)
- 3⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, grated
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat intil cranberries pop. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, until cranberries release their juices, about 15 minutes. If the cranbgerry sauce becomes too thick, add water until the desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool.