Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have found that Splenda has a bit of a bitter aftertaste when cooked or baked, but I still try to use it, as much as possible, to cut down on carbs and sugars. In this recipe it is stirred in after cooking the sauce.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 8 ounces cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 4 ounces dried apricots, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup triple sec or 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves (no sugar added)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup Splenda granular (the one that measures like sugar)
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium low heat; add grated ginger (you can grate it over the pan if you have a fairly good eye).
- Add cranberries, apricots, triple sec or water, and preserves.
- Cook until cranberries burst and mixture thickens slightly (it will thicken more as it cools, so you may need to add a little water).
- Stir in Splenda to taste.