Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I adore cranberry sauce and when I found this recipe(Penzeys Holiday 2006 catalogue again), I had to have it.
- 4 cups cranberries
- 2 cups apples, peeled cored, and chopped into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced orange peel
- Pour juice and sugar into a medium sauce pan, stir to dissolve sugar.
- Bring juice and sugar to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the cranberries, apples and orange peel.
- Return to a boil.
- Continue to cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The cranberries will pop and the sauce will thicken.
- Store in the refrigerator.
I didn't have enough juice so I just used water and lemon juice with a splash of apple juice. Nice and tart and exactly what I was in the mood for!