Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I always make this frozen salad for Thanksgiving dinner. I don't care for plain cranberry sauce and this recipe is a change from that. It looks as if it would be a sweet salad or dessert, but the mayonnaise adds a tangy taste and cuts the sweetness. Cooking time is freezing time.
- 8 ounces cream cheese (I use low-fat)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, well-drained
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Soften cream cheese.
- Blend in mayonnaise and sugar.
- Add fruit and fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into 8X8 inch pan, cover and freeze about 6 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving, or until it can be cut or scooped.