Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe, using canned cranberry sauce, was found in The Thanksgiving Cookbook, 1991, & makes for a quick & delicious sauce. Preparation time does not include the time needed for the sauce to cool down to room temperature.
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 16 dates, pitted, quartered (I use Medjool dates)
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, toasted, chopped
- 1 (2 inch) cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 2⁄3 cup cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy, medium, nonreactive saucepan & bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to low & cook, stirring frequently, for 25-30 minutes, or until very thick.
- Let cool slightly, then pour into a container that has a tight lid.
- Let cool to room temperature, then cover & refrigerate until serving time.