Recipe by Harley Seashell Princess
I got this recipe from the Allrecipes site. I made it last Thanksgiving and it was so amazing. I'm craving it right now as I write this! If you love cranberry sauce combined with oranges, pecans and a variety of other delicious fruits you must try this! It's primo!
Top Review by Super-Wife
You have never tasted anything so good in your life. No one in my family really just loves the tartness of cranberries, and every year we kind of politely take some just to "add color" to our plate. This was not the case with this recipe. People were clamoring for seconds. I was afraid it would turn out a little fruit-salad-like, but it really didn't. The color was what I was accustomed to, and the flavor is out of this world without being too sweet. No one knew how I did it, but I have converted the family! We all like our cranberries now!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 (12 ounce) package ocean spray cranberries
- 1 orange, peeled and pureed (plus I like some zest)
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1 pear, peeled and diced
- 1 cup dried mixed fruit
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the water and sugar in a medium saucepan until dissolved.
- Reduce heat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer (with the lid on) for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature before serving or storing.