Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 5 mins
I cannot remember where I found this recipe but it has been enjoyed many times. Uses whole berry cranberry sauce which gives the cake a pretty swirl effect. This works well served as a dessert or served during a brunch.
- 3⁄4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream (12 oz container)
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (finely chopped)
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in extract.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Spoon one-third of the batter into a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan.
- In a small bowl, pour out whole berry cranberry sauce and stir ingredients together as in the can they are separated.
- Top the cake mixture with one-third of the cranberry sauce (make sure not to bring it to the sides as it is difficult to remove from the pan).
- Repeat layers two times.
- Sprinkle top with finely chopped pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 65-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing cake from pan onto a wire rack.
- Cool completely then place on cake plate.
- Combine icing ingredients until smooth.
- Drizzle icing over cake.
- Let set before serving.