1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 5 mins
I cannot remember where I found this recipe but it has been enjoyed many times. Uses whole berry cranberry sauce which gives the cake a pretty swirl effect. This works well served as a dessert or served during a brunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream (12 oz container)
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup pecans (finely chopped)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- 3Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4Stir in extract.
- 5Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 6Add to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- 7Spoon one-third of the batter into a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan.
- 8In a small bowl, pour out whole berry cranberry sauce and stir ingredients together as in the can they are separated.
- 9Top the cake mixture with one-third of the cranberry sauce (make sure not to bring it to the sides as it is difficult to remove from the pan).
- 10Repeat layers two times.
- 11Sprinkle top with finely chopped pecans.
- 12Bake at 350 degrees for 65-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 13Cool for 10 minutes before removing cake from pan onto a wire rack.
- 14Cool completely then place on cake plate.
- 15Combine icing ingredients until smooth.
- 16Drizzle icing over cake.
- 17Let set before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Sauce Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.5
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 96.0 mg
- Sodium 425.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 47.2 g
- Protein 6.3 g